Manager, Search Engine Optimization and College Webmaster
Manager, Search Engine Optimization and College Webmaster
Job ID: 221545
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for executing and training webmasters in enhancing and elevating KSU's brand and page rank through search engine optimization (SEO), customer centric user experience (UX) and website content optimization. Ensures the successful optimization of KSU's website, social platforms and campaign performance to deliver significant gains in website performance, organic search and campaign messaging optimization in collaboration with leadership. Provides strategic analysis and direction to determine content strategy for all college's local, regional and national growth goals through the coaching and management of the webmasters. Conducts intense website, competitive, and customer analysis. Manages direct and indirect Webmaster reports to drive SEO and website optimization across the University's colleges.
Leads website optimization, customer journey and content strategy for the colleges, leveraging direct marketing tools (e.g., BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, etc.) to drive results
Manages, trains, and develops the University's team of college Webmasters in SEO best practices and content development for the enhancement of the KSU brand and achieve KPI goals of website optimization, as well as campaign and social media goals
Provides training, coaching and counseling to University content writers to maximize content performance across all media channels
Measures and analyzes web, social and campaign data and make adjustments to continue to drive optimization and achieve goals
Fully understands competitive landscape, monitor, report and provide SEO/CRO insights
Designs and develops dashboards to track organic and search performance
Sets up alerts and notifications to monitor key metrics, spot issues, and uncover compelling insights based on KPIs, goals and objectives (ex. using data from Google Analytics, plus other internal and external tools)
Works hand-in-hand with marketing staff, UITS web team and content creators to share learnings and to help cross promote programs as applicable
Researches the latest tools and techniques and communicate the relevance of these to business objectives
Leads meetings for SEO and content strategic direction
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Computing, Marketing, Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or another data-driven field
Other Required Qualifications
Google Analytics qualified/certified
Three (3) years related web services experience including two (2) years in a supervisory, coaching or managerial capacity
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree in Marketing, Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or another data-driven field
SEO experience in higher education industry
Experience in SEMRush or other SEO Tools
Demonstrated expertise in strategic content development planning, analysis and dissemination across multiple media channels (website, organic and paid social media platforms, and marketing campaigns)
Advanced experience in Google Analytics advanced analytics, Advanced Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, best practices for organic SEO and knowledge of search engine spiders and search engine ranking factors
- Working knowledge of site architecture, keyword mapping and strategic site review
- Advance knowledge in strategic content development planning, analysis and dissemination across multiple media channels (website, organic and paid social media platforms, and marketing campaigns)
- Specific SEO skills must include competitive analysis, strategic keyword planning to include; primary, secondary, negative and long tail keywords, along with semantic and voice generated keywords
- SEO competitive analysis including; identification of page ranking, page rank score, pages indexed and links
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) with proven ability to achieve top search engine rankings
- Able to facilitate project management with stakeholders
- Capable of developing and managing a team of direct and in-direct report.
- Able to participate in local, regional, national and international discussions and initiatives regarding standards, best practices, and new concepts related to SEO, content management, UX and CRO through customer journey optimization
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Able to analyze, understand and report on college, department and program analytics in relation to SEO and UX
- Able to research, write and edit original content for all media channels
- Able to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to work within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221545&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency