Postdoctoral Researcher, Bioengineering
Postdoctoral Researcher, Bioengineering
Job ID: 221684
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.
- Plans and executes experimental activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination
- Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group
- Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with faculty mentor
- Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
- Prepares project budget and ensures funded project operates within budget guidelines
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state and local regulations
- Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
- Engages in research and publication
- Responsible for teaching qualified courses and may include lecture and/or laboratory components, as assigned
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research on biomedical signal processing and data classification utilizing machine learning, deep learning, and deep reinforcement learning using the ARL dataset.
- Establish and validate multi-modal methods to infer passenger state during real-road driving and will collaborate with ARL researchers to systematically characterize, integrate, and analyze the multi-modal passenger state data, and develop algorithms that evaluate the associations between passenger state, vehicle motion, and external environmental events.
- Develop machine learning algorithms to classify driving events from passenger responses.
- Collaborate with ARL researchers to characterize statistical properties of several relevant and detectable driving events, develop a machine algorithm for informed classification of at least one selected event type, and evaluate and validate the proposed algorithm using appropriate cross-validation techniques.
- Code (python, MATLAB, or other) used to perform the described analysis tasks, and report findings that describe analysis methods and results.
- Carry out research projects and write required reports
- Submit manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attend and present research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination
- Assist the PI in writing new research proposals for new funding.
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate research assistants involved in the same project.
- Able to spend 60-70% of the time at KSU campus and 30-40% time at ARL campus annually (percentage might change based on project requirement).
Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research on a team of faculty and students with the ability to meet deliverables and milestones
- Demonstrated creative and proactive approach towards problem solving
- Knowledge of and experience in general analytical methods development and good analytical practices
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously to meet assigned deadlines
- Outstanding proposal and paper writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Refer to the department specific Research Addendum for additional KSA information
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
- Solid backgrounds in data analysis, signal processing, and machine learning.
- Understanding trendy reinforcement learning schemes including implementation experience
- Able to operate and manage a GPU server, e.g., Lambda Deep Learning Server
- Demonstrated ability to implement and execute state-of-the-art machine learning technologies
- Proficient with computer applications, programs, and languages associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- The applicant should have obtained a Ph.D. in Bioengineering, or a closely related field by the time of appointment (November 1, 2020)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221684&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency