Job ID: 221925
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assess KSU's current diversity trainings and workshop offerings and create a comprehensive diversity training framework for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Extensive knowledge and experience facilitating diversity, equity and inclusion learning. Experience working with faculty, staff and students to advance diversity and inclusion inside and outside of the classroom. Must also be familiar with and adept in the principles and practices of equitable and inclusive community engagement, have a firm understanding of organizational development strategies such as research, evaluation, and quality improvement. The Diversity Trainer will design and deliver curricula, webinars, workshops, presentations, trainings and other learning and practice-based strategies for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assess learning and training needs
- Creates training resources such as booklets, quick guides, and video tutorials
- Develops training curriculum appropriate for the course, project and/or process
- Manages training plans and projects
- Evaluate outcomes of trainings and other learning sessions
- Conducts training sessions in a variety of formats; in-person, online, etc.
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Multicultural Education or a related field
Five (5) years of related work experience and experience leading conversations about difference inclusive of race in an academic and/or corporate setting. Demonstrated experience in a related role, excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills. Comfort in working with faculty, students and senior level administrators.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Previous training experience in an educational environment
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to adapt quickly to rapid change and shifting institutional needs and priorities
- Able to work in a team setting with short-term and long-term deadlines
- Able to provide a positive experience for faculty, staff, and students
- Able to conduct training sessions/classes
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 25% - 49% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221925&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency