Paralegal Criminal Law Instructor
Paralegal Criminal Law Instructor
Job ID: 222009
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Criminal Law.
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Identify structure of the Criminal Justice system from arrest to appeal
- Describe constitutional scope of police investigations
- Identify structure of State and Federal Court Systems and jurisdictional issues
- Recall constitutional limits of the government and punishment of crimes
- Recognize criminal documents
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management system
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
- Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
- Do not release class early
- Do not leave class unattended
- Respond to student inquiries
- Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
- Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
- Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scores
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Law Degree, either J. D. or LL. B. from an accredited institution of higher education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ten (10) years of experience working in the legal field
Experience as a paralegal a plus
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position
Experience with American Bar
Prior teaching experience preferred
Experience with curriculum development a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Expert in the principles of criminal law
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222009&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency