Job ID: 221981
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for the efficient functioning of research instrumentation and equipment within the College of Science and Mathematics. Utilize experience with analytical instrumentation to collaborate with faculty and staff to keep an inventory of equipment and associated software and assist in ordering specialized instrumentation and equipment supplies. Together with faculty Principal Investigators (PI), maintain records of instruments use by authorized students and personnel and collaborate with University Information Technology Services (UITS) to facilitate the integration of computer technology and software.
- Coordinates with faculty (instrument core facility PIs) and appropriate staff members in approval and training of new users on instruments and equipment
- Co-manages with associated faculty common equipment core facilities
- Maintains instrument user log
- Maintains records of equipment inspections and service and requests service of equipment as needed
- Communicates maintenance issues to proper personnel/vendors and requests assistance when needed
- Together with UITS and appropriate staff, maintains inventory of equipment and associated software and assists in ordering specialized instrumentation and equipment supplies
- Works with UITS specialists, appropriate staff, and faculty researchers to integrate computer technology and software with instrumentation
- Continues education and learning to improve the operation of research equipment functioning
- Undertakes routine servicing, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of instruments and equipment as needed
- Verifies equipment is running at peak capacity and assists in set-up of new equipment
- Assists in modification of existing equipment when needed
- Communicates maintenance issues to proper personnel/vendors and request assistance when needed
- Travels between campuses
- Maintains department's tools and equipment required for job and potentially supervises work-study program students
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a Science related field
Experience with analytical instrumentation or in research lab environments
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree in science related field or a combination of education and related experience
Some experience in an academic unit within a higher education environment
Experience in the use of scientific instrumentation to make measurements
Experience working in a lab/research environment
Experience with the maintenance and upkeep of instrumentation and equipment
Repair and maintenance experience with instrumentation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge mechanical and electronic equipment repair and diagnostic and systems test of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Familiarity with chemical laboratory equipment, glassware, etc.
- Familiarity with instrumentation software and computing systems
- Knowledge of basic computer software packages and operating systems
- Ability to diagnose, solve problems and complete projects in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact well with faculty and students with a strong desire to assist them
- Ability to communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- sire to assist them
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221981&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency