Athletic Academic Advisor Assistant
Athletic Academic Advisor Assistant
Job ID: 222292
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Supports the advising team to learn more about the responsibilities of an Athletic Academic Advisor by gaining experience working alongside experienced Athletic Academic Advisors to learn the role and responsibilities of the job. Assists in providing academic advising support services to student-athletes according to designated sport teams or individuals.
1. Fosters student success through tutoring, retention, progression and graduation initiatives
2. Documents interactions with students per established guidelines and assists in maintaining student advisement records
3. Meets weekly with academically at-risk students as assigned and alerts Athletic Advising staff of concerns or needs of these students
4. Oversees assigned students during study hall sessions
5. Assists in teaching success skills to students as necessary on time management, organization skills, and strengthening study skills
6. Assists in promoting the Flight Plan to assist student-athletes in seeking internships and job experiences, to prepare for life after sports
7. Compiles weekly and ad hoc reports based on caseload of student-athletes
8. Assists department in recruiting of student-athletes
9. Assists in responding to student-athletes and referring to the appropriate resource concerning athletic financial aid, housing, Registrar's office, Student Conduct office, Bursars office or other obstacles that student-athletes encounter
10. Observes the NCAA certification team, which reviews eligibility status of assigned student-athletes each semester
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
One (1) year of work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Post-Secondary Education, Business or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to apply NCAA rules and regulations to the advising process
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of NCAA policies and procedures of reporting Academic Progress Rate (APR)
Knowledge of advising processes
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education + Drug Test
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222292&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency