Senior Financial Aid Counselor
Senior Financial Aid Counselor
Job ID: 222238
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Counsels and advises students and parents on the various financial aid programs. Assists with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs. Evaluates Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs and performs data collection and record keeping duties.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of financial aid at the federal, state and institutional levels
- Reviews student eligibility for federal, state, and institutional programs and ensures student files are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Mngs fed/state processes/programs; awarding, application download and tracking, CFlags, private loans, consortium agreements, HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships, HERO Scholarship, Federal Work Study, Return to Title IV, private scholarships, etc.
- Responds to student inquiries by working the front desk, responds to tickets from the Comms Ctr/email inquiries from students; contacts outside entities to resolve student data conflicts, included but not limited to, servicers, state and federal agencies
- Ability to understand and research issues related to various federal and state systems including but not limited to: CPS, EDE, NSLDS, COD, and Surfer
- Reviews and analyzes daily exception reports to resolve issues and complete student files
- Reviews and audits completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommends changes based on workflow and productivity issues
- Participates in annual trainings and professional development to keep abreast of new information and program changes
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Two (2) years relevant experience in financial aid
Additional Preferred Qualifications
National Association of Student Aid Administrators (NASFAA) credentials
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Previous experience in a financial aid office at an institution of higher education
Working and tested knowledge of Banner (Ellucian)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working and tested knowledge of state program rules and regulations, as they pertain to financial aid in the State of Georgia
- Working and tested knowledge of Title IV rules and regulations, as they pertain to Federal Student Financial Aid
- Working knowledge of and abides by the regulations of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Ability to understand, interpret, and synthesize information from students/parents to effectively counsel
- Ability to diffuse difficult and emotional situations
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Ellucian Banner Financial Aid Module, USG GA Modifications to Banner)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222238&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency