Lead Cook, Stingers
Lead Cook, Stingers
Job ID: 222349
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manages the handling and preparation of food and performs general cooking duties for dining halls and/or catering events. Oversees food quality, station checklists, cooks and other duties related to kitchen organization.
- Assists in overseeing staff in assigned area
- Performs general cooking duties per establish guidelines
- Leads continuous training in food preparation techniques, safety and quality control
- Assists in testing and implementing new recipes
- Ensures food quality following established regulations and guidelines, including tasting food for quality control
- Performs other preparation and sanitation duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
ServSafe certified or obtains certification within twelve (12) months of hire
Two (2) years of related cooking experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Technical training in commercial food service preferred
Some college classes preferred
Previous experience in an institutional or commercial operation
Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness
- Able to operate standard cooking equipment
- Able to coordinate and oversee the work of food service workers
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of proper knife skills
- Knowledge of equipment and safety policies, waste management and inventory control measures
- Knowledge of food services terminology and food handling procedures
- Knowledge of principles of food sanitation and regulations
- Knowledge of proper food preparation and storage, health hazards, and necessary precautionary measures
- Knowledge of safe temperatures for serving food and storage or refrigerated and frozen storage of raw and cooked foods
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
Conditions of Employment
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222349&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency