Cook, The Commons (Pool Posting)
Cook, The Commons (Pool Posting)
Job ID: 222484
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assists with all aspects of food preparation as part of the culinary team. Assists with gathering food items, reading recipes, and constructing food items. May work in front or back of house operations.
- Cleans and preps fresh produce
- Preps and properly cooks raw ingredients for use following proper food handling and safety guidelines
- Gathers, weighs, measures, and assembles all ingredients for recipes
- Reads and follows recipes
- Constructs food items per guidelines
- Sets up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks according to established guidelines
- Maintains daily production records
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item
- At the direction of leadership, acts as a lead in the absence of the lead role
High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
ServSafe certified or obtains certification within twelve (12) months of hire
One (1) year related experience working in an institutional food service setting, restaurant or large-scale production kitchen
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Have open availability to include nights and weekends;
- Ability to work with diverse population;
- Ability to take direction;
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance and cleanliness; Intermediate knife skills; Supports food safety and quality control training
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills;
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite);
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills;
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette;
- Courteous and dependable
Conditions of Employment
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222484&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency