Assistant Professor of Lighting Design
Assistant Professor of Lighting Design
Job ID: 222636
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The department's liberal arts degree emphasizes creative work as well as research and writing.
In our four concentrations—Acting, Musical Theatre, Performance Studies, and Design/Technology—undergraduate students in the Department are trained to be scholar-artists. They are taught to perform and create theatre and performance, and to think and write critically about that work in a variety of ways.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Lighting Design faculty position in the Department of Theatre & Performance Studies beginning August 2021.
The responsibilities of the faculty member in this nine-month, tenure-track position include, but are not limited to:
- Teach a 3/3 course load in the Design/Technology concentration. Assignments may include: 1) teaching Visual Imagination (a foundational design course required of all majors), Lighting Design I, Lighting Design II, Production and Special Topics (in the areas of the candidate's expertise and interest, 2) Designing lights for our ambitious production season, and 3) Mentoring student designers and technicians. Pursue a robust agenda of professional creative activity and scholarship. Engage in service on Departmental, College, and University levels. This may include serving on committees and participating in recruitment.
Faculty members at KSU are expected to excel at teaching and mentoring students that are broadly diverse regarding race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, and sexuality.
- MFA in lighting design or the foreign equivalency
- Professional lighting design experience
A successful candidate must
- Demonstrate excellence in lighting design.
- Be proficient in creating light plots and paperwork using Vectorworks and Lightwright software.
- Be familiar with ETC EOS family console programming.
- Exhibit strong teaching and mentoring abilities as well as outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teaching experience at college level
- Experience in an additional design/tech area, such as scenic design, costume design, etc.
- Evidence of research interest
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
Required Documents to Attach
- A cover-letter: in your Cover Letter, in addition to speaking to your qualifications, please describe how you would contribute to a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist community as an artist, scholar, and teacher.
- A curriculum vitae (with contact information for 5 references)
- A link to the candidate's online portfolio
- A one-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- Sample syllabi
- Teaching evaluation
Apply Before Date
To guarantee consideration, applications must be received by February 1, 2021.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Professor Karen Robinson, [email protected].
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222636&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency