Digital Photography and Asset Manager
Digital Photography and Asset Manager
Job ID: 222703
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Digital Photography and Asset Manager is responsible for leading the photography services group, whose primary goal is telling stories by capturing images defining the University brand and managing Kennesaw State University's digital asset management media library. This involves ideation, planning and execution of daily assignments while managing the digital asset management system including cataloging, metadata, keywording, storage, retrieval, distribution, permissions and handling search requests from across the University. Manages photographers, works with videographers, graphic designers, marketing and communications personnel and web content teams at the Institutional level. Supports the management and migration of all digital media shared across the University including- photography, video, logos and other brand assets including all aspects of workflow including- filenames, IPTC and other caption information, keywording, custom metatags and archiving. The position works primarily with the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing and campus constituents to develop new content, cull existing content and educate, train and support all campus department users with the Digital Asset Management (DAM) System.
1. Leads all aspects of Photography strategy and execution and owns the day-to-day management of DAM
a. Ingestion - Preparing and uploading digital files and metadata to a central cloud solution
b. Annotation - Commenting, collaborating and making notes on assets to determine and control uses
c. Cataloging - Indexing and classifying assets in a number of ways in which they can be controlled and easily retrieved by approved users
d. Storing - Preserving the integrity of the digital file and its metadata for the lifetime of an asset so that it can be controlled, versioned, repurposed and archived according to administrative direction.
e. Retrieving - Searching, finding, accessing and/or delivering assets in the proper file formats so that the asset may be used according to the intended or permitted use.
f. Delivery - Quality assure assets from web designers, graphic designers, videographers and photographers ensuring they are to spec and maintain consistency with brand and style guides.
g. Auditing - Execute periodic auditing of digital assets, digital storage systems, and related workflows to ensure long-term persistence and usability of the digital material.
2. Trains photographers on new trends in photography, video and other visual media
3. Manages photography equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting and accessories and excels behind the camera to successfully shoot a wide variety of photo/video assignments
4. Works with Communications team to ideate and create visual assets and conceptualizes and completes enterprise projects and assignments with photo team
5. Serves as part of 107 FAA-certified UAS drone pilot creating photo and video assets
6. Manages headshot service for all KSU faculty and staff
7. Plans coverage with external freelance photographers as needed to ensure consistent brand standards
8. Develops proactive photography needs and opportunities within colleges and departments
9. Shoots and directs select video projects assigned by Director of Photography and Videography
10. Produces multimedia ideas and content for use by social media team and still photography from commercial video productions
11. Coordinates visual assets for marketing campaigns and projects
12. Plans, directs and shoots assignments as directed by the Office of the President
13. Uses Asana project management system to plan and execute StratComm projects
14. Brings creative ideas to brainstorming meetings and project planning
15. Plans and executes visual elements for stories in the Kennesaw State Magazine
16. Sources professional development and training opportunities for photo team
17. Monitors and analyzes DAM analytical metrics and reports
18. Manages model release process while having strong understanding of legal issues
19. Develops a thorough understanding of user needs to inform DAM content development
20. Participates and influences KSU's larger DAM enterprise direction and solutions and creates a metadata workflow to ensure all assets in the DAM can be easily searched
21. Monitors incoming photography requests from campus partners while planning coverage
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Photography, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
Five (5) years of experience in photography and video, photography management and digital asset management
Prior experience with planning and execution of visual content and maintaining a DAM system
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Photo Mechanic
Part 107 FAA-certified UAS drone pilot
Asana for project management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to generate ideas for content and communications stories
Organized and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and troubleshoot
Ability to prioritize, organize and implement
Exceptional understanding of social media storytelling
Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Photo Mechanic culling software
Knowledge of and experience with digital asset management systems, hosted or cloud based
Familiarity with Mac and PC systems
Strong image editing experience in Lightroom and Photoshop
Has a thorough and up-to-date understanding of file formats and codecs
Exceptional storytelling visual skills
Excellent communication skills
Meticulous data-driven nature
Strong customer service skills
Analytical and creative
Leadership and coaching skills
Excellent project management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222703&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency