Job ID: 222807
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Analyzes the details of business contracts to ensure that the terms are equitable per policies and processes. Ensures the contract represents the company's commitments, reviews clauses and understands stipulations to avoid legal complications.
1. Track approvals, denials and proposed revisions to contracts
2. Coordinates, tracks and processes annual contract renewals
3. Investigates and follows through on contract issues
4. Interprets contract requirements, obligations and risks and provides update recommendations as needed
5. Distributes proposed contracts to relevant departments to obtain contract and scope of work approval
6. Verifies that all executed contracts have been received from the campus departments and stored in the contract repository
7. Assists with negotiation of contract terms, payment structure and reimbursement
8. Coordinates amendments and updates with management
9. Creates and communicates concise and consistent contract provisions
10. Reviews supplier terms and conditions; makes recommendations to ensure contract requirements are met
11. Maintains detailed and organized files, which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes, deviations, amendments and clarifications
12. Compares supplier contract terms with legal requirements and policies
13. Monitors the office e-mail account and respond phone and email inquiries
14. Communicates to co-workers and management on data input or file maintenance
15. Collaborates with departments such as, Legal, Fiscal Services and Academic and Operational offices
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field
Two (2) years of related work experience
Previous experience with contract review
Previous higher education or government experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to devise logical approaches and suggest ways to address complex issues
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of Georgia State business practices, laws, and regulations pertaining to the field
Detail-oriented and thorough
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
Strong customer service and phone etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222807&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency