Job ID: 222916
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for the design, development, and administration of graphics for advertising campaigns, booklets, magazines, posters, fliers, annual reports, and digital outlets. Ensures that development of graphics meets the university's visual identity (brand) standards and client preferences across multiple platforms.
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts that meets the university's visual identity (brand) standards
- Maintains current knowledge of branding requirements of the university and incorporates them in projects accordingly
- Researches and recommends new technologies and approaches to help achieve client/project goals
- Exhibits functional knowledge of all phases of pre-press and print production, including graphic design and layout, proofing, multi-color printing, and finishing
- Maintains electronic files of projects
- Provides photography support for the university
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with account managers to create innovative and fresh marketing materials that serve the needs of each marketing campaign to increase department sales and awareness of services for all Campus Services departments
- Stays current on skills, tools, design standards and current trends to achieve client/project goals plus maintains a knowledge of the Campus Services editorial and design style guide requirements for departments and affiliated partners and uses them appropriately for projects
- Oversees production process of all graphic design projects from beginning to end. Serves as project manager to ensure projects are delivered on time. This includes making sure the project is moved through every step of the process (proofing, editing, approvals and printing) before the project deadline
- Creates and maintains an organization system to store the electronic files for each project to ensure file systems are easy to navigate for all users and consistently implemented by all designers
- Supervises graphic design student assistants on a seasonal basis depending on project workload. This would require the ability to train students, delegate work to students, hold them accountable, etc.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Three (3) years of related work experience
Previous higher education experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to visually communicate the intended message to various audiences through advertising campaigns, booklets, magazines, posters, fliers, etc.
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Extensive knowledge of graphic design systems
Familiarity with a wide variety of mediums and their differences to achieve marketing goals
Experience proofing blue lines and match prints
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222916&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency