Director, Photography and Videography
Director, Photography and Videography
Job ID: 222904
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develops the University's photography and videography strategy and produces and edits content for various distribution channels. Oversees the creation of high quality photography and video productions in support of the marketing, creative, and strategic communication efforts of the University's Strategic Communications and Marketing division. Serves as a key storyteller and visual architect for the University's photography and videography assets while driving the creative process from strategy to execution. Teaches and mentors the photography and videography staff to tell the Kennesaw State University story in a compelling, creative and inspiring fashion.
1. Leads University's photography, videography and digital asset management strategies
2. Oversees and creates photography and video content across all aspects of production process, including concept, storyboarding, creation, shooting, writing, editing, graphics, post-production, formatting, music, and sound
3. Documents campus community activities, including but not limited to capturing and cataloging essential campus events, news, interviews, athletic events, and alumni and development initiatives Captures digital video in both studio and on-location settings
4. Develops guidelines and visual standards
5. Augments website material and video/photo content through visual storytelling
6. Oversees cost effective strategy and maintenance of digital asset library and equipment
7. Engages in on-going benchmarking of best practices to ensure strong, state-of-the art services and creative outcomes
8. Oversees and influences KSU's larger Digital Asset Management (DAM) enterprise direction, solutions, and deployment across the University
9. Collaborates with a variety of individuals across the University and the local community
10. Manages a digital asset manager, a team of professional photographers, videographers, and student assistants
11. Works collaboratively with team which includes marketing, communications and creative professionals within the division and across the University
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Seven (7) years of professional photography and video production experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Higher education and Agency experience
Experience managing a creative team
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to research and grasp complex topics reducing them to video/photo content
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to edit quickly and post short photo/ video content to University's social networking sites
Able to be a team player and willing to take on additional duties
Able to receive critique from clients and teammates with a positive attitude
Able to inspire team to deliver exceptional creative outcomes
Knowledge of advanced photography and video production techniques
Adept at telling stories through photography and videography and able to visualize a story from beginning to end before the start of a project
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, coaching, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, Mac Suite, Adobe Cloud, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere)
Expert proficiency with DSLR and ENG camera systems, specifically, Canon C200 and the RED camera
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222904&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency