Director, Enterprise Financial Reporting
Director, Enterprise Financial Reporting
Job ID: 222678
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for leading a team tasked with creating report solutions, conducting data analysis, designing, collecting data and training to satisfy and support finance stakeholders. Supports the various enterprise wide financial solutions which includes responsibility for building data models, creating metadata, and developing processes to deliver statistical analysis and data visualization. Responsible for executing the Fiscal Services data strategy, driving the department's data analytics efforts, owning financial reporting and training throughout the department and supporting the external customers who use the Fiscal Services reporting options. Responsible for supporting, identifying, quantifying, and generating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)/metrics to track performance throughout the department to Fiscal Services. Serves as the liaison with finance, business managers, department managers, The University System of Georgia (USG) and Board of Regents (BOR) for data requests and collects and translates business requirements.
- Plans and directs the personnel, financial and operational activities of the Enterprise Financial Reporting team
- Directly supervises a team of managers, analysts and student workers that are responsible for data collection, training, reporting, KPIs and other tasks as assigned
- Performs open ended analyses efforts, ad hoc requests, and reporting on both financial, position and operational data
- Acts as primary contact for Office of Enterprise Financial Reporting in addressing queries and issues
- Global process owner SAS Business Intelligence or comparable tool to create financial reports for departments at KSU
- Performs quality assurance and oversight of financial reporting and data
- Coordinates and manages communication for the office and department using various tools and platforms including but not limited to website (updates), text, email, and Facebook
- Maintains, develops, and communicates reporting services and programs to relevant stakeholders
- Develops, implements, maintains, and supports professional development of staff and student workers
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data related to all departmental activities within the various financial systems
- Collaborates with units external to the assigned department to enhance services provided, including but not limited to various offices at the University to create appropriate financial reports to be used on campus
- Collaborates with the Office of Institutional Research and University Information Technology Services to ensure campus needs are accomplished for financial reporting and associated tools
- Plans, designs and leads training for use of financial reporting tools and other financial systems
- Utilizes project management to facilitate assignments and organize requests for financial reports from campus
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Computer Science, Business, Information Management, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
Five (5) years of experience related to position including a minimum of (3) years previous management and supervisory skills required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Familiar with PeopleSoft Financials and HCM
Familiar with students accounts receivable in Banner a plus
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Information Management, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance or related field
Extensive experience in data analysis, analytics, and decision support systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge using Oracle PeopleSoft Financials ERPs
- Working knowledge in an Oracle database 11.x environment
- Working knowledge of Fund Accounting, budget and finance in a higher education environment preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis, analytics, and decision support systems
- Requires advanced understanding of financial modeling & budget management.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working in data visualization tools (i.e. SAS, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) and SharePoint.
- Experience formulating and tracking KPIs and metrics.
- Experience with leading data governance efforts at scale (e.g. managing data definitions across organization)
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, PeopleSoft Financials and HCM, Tableau, SAS, TOAD, BI tools and similar desktop productivity applications)
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, particularly related to listening, team building, and conflict strong analytical skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Analytical, information systems, or strategic planning experience in a higher education organization
- Advanced data and reporting skills with the demonstrated ability to prepare and present complex information concepts and convey business relevance to a variety of audiences(including non-technical)
- Able to apply a working knowledge of Structural Query Language (SQL) in relational database environments (i.e. Oracle)
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines resolution
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222678&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency