Lecturer of Anatomy and Physiology
Lecturer of Anatomy and Physiology
Job ID: 223396
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology (EEOB) is seeking to increase its stature and reputation nationally and internationally while maintaining its culture of instructional excellence. EEOB serves over 2,000 undergraduate majors earning the Bachelor of Science Degree in biology, and over 100 majors in environmental science. Graduate students in the Master of Science in Integrative Biology follow a two-year, research intensive, thesis-based master's program. The department also serves other academic programs including a two-course environmental science sequence that fulfills the general education science requirement for non-majors, and anatomy and physiology courses primarily for majors in the College of Health and Human Services. Faculty research programs provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in significant and impactful research that span multiple areas - contributing to two highly collaborative and interdisciplinary biology Departments at KSU.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of lecturer.
- Teaching in the human anatomy and physiology course sequence and other courses as appropriate to pre-allied health and exercise science majors. This is a full-time position based on the Kennesaw campus, with no research expectations. Summer teaching is optional. Flexibility to teach evenings and weekends is desirable. Ideal candidates will have a focus on student success and foster an engaging learning environment for students from diverse backgrounds with a broad range of educational goals. Participation in departmental, college, and/or university service is expected. Applicants who will promote CSM's commitment to inclusive excellence in STEM education are particularly welcome.
An earned Masters or Ph.D., or its foreign equivalent in a biological science or closely related discipline, with coursework relevant to teaching anatomy and physiology.
- Prior experience teaching human anatomy and physiology
- Prior experience teaching other related courses,
- Experience with online instruction,
- A demonstrable background in employing active learning and inquiry-based pedagogy.
Required Documents to Attach
- a letter of application;
- a current curriculum vitae;
- unofficial academic transcripts (official copies due upon hire);
- a statement of teaching philosophy describing teaching experience, approach, and commitment to diversity and inclusion; and
- names and contact information for three professional references.
Apply Before Date
To guarantee consideration, applications must be received by February 22, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Marcia Hesser, 470-578-6513, [email protected].
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223396&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency