Ethical Hacker Instructor
Ethical Hacker Instructor
Job ID: 223354
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Ethical Hacking.
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
a. Assessing ethical and legal requirements of security assessment and penetration testing and determining strategy to comply with these requirements
b. Analyzing different phases of hacking and recommend strategy to use ethical hacking for assessing security of components of information systems
c. Comparing and contrasting different hacking techniques and analyzing legal implications of hacking
d. Examining different vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks to information systems and recommending countermeasures
e. Analyzing cryptography algorithms and encryption techniques, and designing implementation strategies for securing information
f. Comparing and contrasting network security assessments and hacking tools
g. Assessing various network security techniques and tools and implementing appropriate level of information security controls based on evidence, information, and research
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management system
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scores
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of working experience in ethical hacking, pen testing, or vulnerability assessment
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) from EC-Council and CEI (Certified EC-Council Instructor) or willing to become certified
Prior teaching experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient in Wireshark, Nmap, and other ethical hacking tools
- Able to identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223354&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency