CompTIA Security Instructor
CompTIA Security Instructor
Job ID: 223353
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security to help prepare students for the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) certification.
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
a. Comparing and contrasting attacks and security controls and using security assessment tools
b. Explaining basic cryptography concepts
c. Implementing a public key infrastructure and identifying and accessing management controls
d. Managing access services and accounts and implementing a secure network architecture
e. Installing and configuring security appliance, wireless, and physical access security
f. Deploying secure host, mobile, and embedded systems and implementing secure network access protocols and applications
g. Explaining risk management, disaster recovery, secure application development, and organizational security concepts
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management system
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scores
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of work experience performing core security functions in addition to Security+ certification
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
CompTIA Security+ certification
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223353&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency