PS Communications Officer
PS Communications Officer
Job ID: 223490
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for receiving emergency, non-emergency and administrative calls and notifying and/or dispatching appropriate emergency responders. Performs inquiries and searches of multiple local, state, and national databases to provide information to law enforcement personnel. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Receives emergency and non-emergency requests for public safety and non-public safety services
- Provides dispatch services regarding incidents and requests public safety assistance via two-way radio and/or telephone
- Requests additional resources (fire, emergency medical services, law enforcement, tow trucks, other University personnel or services) as needed
- Monitors fire alarm system(s), video camera system(s) and incoming information/messages from government, private sector and non-profit sector sources
- Broadcasts alerts to DPS/UP (Department of Public Safety/University Police) and campus community
- Receives training and maintains applicable certifications in CPR, AED, first aid procedures, Georgia Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (GCIC/NCIC), Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS)
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Possession of, or ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment, certification as a Communications Officer through the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council, in accordance with Georgia Code 35-8-23 and Chapter 464-14 of the Rules of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council
On-the-job training provided
Previous experience working in Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of NIMS and ICS systems
- Knowledge of CPR, AED and first aid procedures
- Able to work during inclement weather, 12-hour shifts and partial shifts, including periodic on-call
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Able to maintain composure when talking to callers in crisis or emergency situations
- Able to work under stressful conditions
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, video management software, computer-aided dispatch software and web-based applications)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Drug
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223490&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency