Virtual Reality Software Developer
Virtual Reality Software Developer
Job ID: 223052
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develops virtual and/or augmented reality games and simulations under the direction of leadership or faculty members. Builds lasting, scalable solutions that integrate with legacy systems and takes virtual and augmented reality delivery from the demonstration and PoCs to pilot programs and production implementation.
Please Note: Continued employment is contingent upon the availability of soft/grant funding.
- Develops 3D models compatible with virtual reality and augmented reality programs, game design, animation and movies
- Develops software for virtual and augmented reality
- Performs setup and capture for 3D motion capture of biped and other interactions
- Works with assigned customers to develop customized virtual and augmented reality projects
- Manages custom software and possibly script extensions/plugins to improve workflow for virtual and augmented reality development
- Coordinates project team schedules and use of the VR/AR lab space and equipment
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications for students, staff and faculty
- Coordinates and/or performs software installations, diagnostics, and repairs for Department Computer Labs
- Coordinates project and research assistant applications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a computing discipline
One (1) related experience in software development or computing discipline
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Advanced degree in a computing discipline
Previous experience with the development of virtual and/or augmented reality software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality concepts
- Knowledge of the use of 3D printers and resources
- Knowledge of Unity or other simulation and/or game development tools
- Ability to understand project needs, articulate trade-offs, and discuss solutions with development teams
- Ability to develop 3D models and VR/AR software
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223052&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency