Job ID: 222359
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides leadership in accounting and reporting support for the University. Responsible for supervision of accounting staff for assigned departments, units and/or colleges.
- Manages general ledger accounting functions including treasury management, cash management and asset management modules
- Completes year-end tasks for the completion of Annual Financial Reports, audit and other reports, such as year-end journal entries, account reconciliation reviews, compiles documents for auditors including PBC list, business processes, risk assessments
- Responsible for year-end reports (i.e. Annual Financial Report, Budgetary Compliance Report, Annual Expenditures Report)
- Leads monthly general ledger close and analyzes general ledger and all submodules monthly
- Reviews and approves monthly journal entries and all trial balance account reconciliations
- Ensures all new GASB rules are implemented timely and accurately
- Assists campus community with general accounting queries and provides guidance on accounting questions
- Maintains chart of accounts and coordinates set up of new accounts
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and Board of Regents policies and procedures
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting or Finance
Five (5) year's comparable or related experience including management or supervisory experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and best practices; Understanding of BOR policy, University policy and PeopleSoft Financials
- Able to handle a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop relationships with campus units, departments, etc.
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong management skills
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible, quick learner
- Proficiency of personal computer software and the ability to interface with complex financial accounting and administrative information systems
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222359&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency