Architectural Project Manager
Architectural Project Manager
Job ID: 223806
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Coordinates major and minor project renovations and/or activities related to the design and construction of campus buildings. Assures completion of projects, compliance, and adherence to campus design standards and state codes.
- Manages and coordinates the work of professional firms, contractors, facilities and University community
- Coordinates and conducts campus review of design documents and specifications
- Negotiates and prepares requests for proposals, change orders, consulting agreement contracts, construction documents and manage project budgets
- Reviews, reconciles and approves invoices for payment
- Coordinates with Fire Marshal on project reviews along with inspections
- Visits work sites and inspects projects to ensure compliance with specifications and standards
- Serves as universitys representative on matters related to warranty
- Arranges for receipt, storage, disposal, movement, and accountability of materials, equipment, and furniture
- Serves as liaison among physical plant shops, campus departments, and external contractors
Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution of higher education in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Five (5) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Professional Architecture or Interior Design license and/or certification
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to lead large projects that require strong partnerships and coordination with multiple institutional units
- Able to translate and communicate between technical and business teams
- Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
- Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
- Able to maximize value by balancing risks against potential organization gains
- Able to lead a team with autonomy, making sound and timely decisions as appropriate, and using good judgement to determine which decisions should be escalated
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong leadership, customer service, and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Internet, and AutoCAD)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223806&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency