Accountant - Grants
Accountant - Grants
Job ID: 222012
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Maintains accounting records for assigned department or college. Examines financial statements, records and other financial reports to confirm accuracy. Ensures statements and accounting records comply with current policies and procedures. Reviews processes to improve businesses efficiencies, recommends best-practices. Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. Maintains financial security by following internal controls and protocol. Provides financial support for assigned faculty and staff.
- Performs various processes using Accounting Financial Software and Microsoft Office Applications
- Reviews and reconciles financial transactions for assigned area
- Performs data entry and agency and reconciliation
- Audits statements to ensure accuracy, generates daily and monthly reports to access agency or general ledger accounts for accuracy
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents, assists faculty, staff and other campus partners with inquiries related to agency and general ledger account transactions as needed
- Produces scheduled and ad hoc financial reports
- Communicates and responds to inquiries, and proactively provides tutorials and trainings as necessary, monitors unit email account(s) to address customer queries and access submitted documentation
- Reviews, tracks and monitors submitted financial documents and verifies submissions are complete and correct and communicates with stakeholders as needed
- Identifies resolution to accounting issues and provides recommendation and/or resolution
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years related experience in bookkeeping or accounting
Familiar with PeopleSoft Financials and Banner
Previous experience reviewing and reconciling travel expense statements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to prioritize workload and work with minimum supervision
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of KSU, Board of Regents and State of Georgia Accounting Policies and Procedures
Understands accounting processes such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
Self-motivated and quick learning ability
Maintains organized and up to date files
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=222012&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency