Temporary Administrative Assistant and Coordinator
University of Colorado – School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry
Temporary Administrative Assistant and Coordinator
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Psychiatry is one of the largest units in the UCD-SOM and is comprised of 5 Divisions. The Department currently has approximately 475 paid appointments. In addition, the department has 371 clinical faculty members, 125 regular faculty from Affiliated Hospitals (i.e., Denver Health, National Jewish, VA), and 94 faculty with secondary/adjoint appointments in Psychiatry. The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs.Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the administrative functions of the university. Functions include personnel administration, recruitment, coordination of schedules, educational and other administrative activities, faculty affairs, clinical services, and others involving direct support of the administration of an academic unit.Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority. Duties and Responsibilities:This temporary position will assist with a variety of administrative and HR duties in the Department of Psychiatry as needed. Specifically, this role with provide administrative support to the DOP HR Manager and the DOP Education Manager. The person in this role may also assist in coordination of COVID related behavioral health initiatives. This position will assist with HR needs on an as-needed basis for the faculty and staff of the DOP to include HR entries and recruitment coordination as needed, as well as multiple programs in the Department of Psychiatry’s Office of Education and Training, including the non-GME post-doctoral fellowship program, the Psychiatry Undergraduate Research Program and Learning Experience (PURPLE), and other education programs as assigned. This role will report to the Department of Psychiatry Education Manager and HR Manager but may also work with others related to COVID coordination. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the administration of the two existing post-doctoral fellowship programs, the Harris Infant Mental Health program and the Developmental Psychobiology Research Group (DPRG) T32 funded program:
- Assisting with recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of post-doctoral fellows including completing entries in HCM, sending out program announcements, event planning, and other administrative duties.
- Aiding with operations for the bi-weekly DPRG seminar series, aiding in grant progress reporting and resubmissions, data management, procurement, website updates, and other administrative duties.
Minimum Qualifications:One year of general clerical experience. Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience but not for the specific experience (if applicable).Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in higher education administration or with academic services such as fellowship programs, graduate medical education, non-GME education programming, undergraduate programming, or similar.
- Experience with HR administration/management.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate within complex structures with many stakeholders.
- Familiarity with CU systems such as Outlook, HCM, Concur, MS Teams, REDCap, EndNote, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding recruitment and hiring procedures.Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 10, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing