Dean, Career Programs
Dean, Career ProgramsDepartment:
Career ProgramsWork Location:
The Dean of Career Programs provides leadership and management for Nursing, Health Sciences, Mechanical Technologies and Public Services programs, supervision of faculty and staff, evaluation of clinical experiences, and services that support and advance student leaning through innovative instruction. This key member of administration fosters strong relationships within the campus community and with external agencies. The Dean provides leadership in business and industry, maintains accreditation standards in programs, and assists in the development of articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities. The Dean reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Dean of Career Programs is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Education/Experience:
Master’s Degree required. Five to seven years of documented success in the administration of Nursing, Health Sciences, Mechanical Technologies and Public Services programs. Significant experience and accomplishments in the areas of organizational development and teamwork, fiscal grants management, and personal computer software usage are necessary to perform the position in a satisfactory manner.Qualifications:
• Highly developed communication and facilitation skills in planning and implementing student-centered academic programs and services
• Demonstrated skills in curriculum development, creative problem solving, and in the supervision and evaluation of academic programs.
Strong computer skills
• Teaching experience in higher education.
• History of increased responsibility in academic administration.
• Understanding of the mission of the college.
• Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff.
• Demonstrated understanding of assessment and proven success.
• Experience in shared governance and higher education policy.
• Ability to inspire and evaluate faculty and staff.
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SalariedReview of Applications Begins:
03/05/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online.