Assistant Professor, Advertising
Assistant Professor, AdvertisingType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Academic YearPosition Type:
Journalism and Mass CommunicationsSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Murray State University Department of Journalism and Mass Communications, for the academic year beginning August 15, 2021. The ACEJMC-accredited department has majors in Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, and Television Production. It also has undergraduate programs in Graphic Communications Media and Master’s degree programs in Mass Communications and Public Relations. It is one of six departments in the Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business.
• Teaching foundational and advanced classes in Advertising and in the successful candidate’s areas of expertise
• Teaching classes in the department’s Master’s degree programs
• Advising students
• Contributing to student organizations and other department extracurricular learning experiences
• Executing a successful research agenda
• Serving on departmental, college, and university committees as assigned.
• Ph.D. in Advertising or Mass Communications with an emphasis in Advertising required. ABDs considered with completion assured by appointment date.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Experience teaching at the college or university level
• Demonstrated professional ability to communicate across media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to teach classes online and in-person, classes in the department’s undergraduate common core, classes in the department’s graduate programs, and classes in at least two of the following areas: Journalism, Public Relations, Television Production.Posting Date:
03/15/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of college and university transcripts
• Samples of scholarly or creative work