Computer Technician I
At LSSC your success is our mission. We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We are seeking a qualified Computer Technician who is well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. The Computer Technician will assist the Helpdesk and PC Support Manager, and Director of Technology, Infrastructure and PC Support, in multi-campus support of Personal Computer hardware, user support, communications, and networks. Required to travel, work flex time, and be available for rotation of on-call hours. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot, resolve problems, and maintain college’s computers, laptops, printers and peripherals. Provide user support for College-wide systems including software, hardware, and network for computer classrooms, faculty and staff. Imaging deployment of college computers and laptops.
- Install and assist with the maintenance of network equipment. Support classroom technologies including software and hardware.
- Install, maintain and diagnose server applications and services. Install and maintain phone systems and hardware. Assist with configuration of VLANS. Responsible for software licensing, hardware inventory and related equipment.
- Oversee student assistant. Manage and maintain desktop policies on the network. Remain current with technology trends in education and business environments.
EDUCATION: Required: HS diploma or GED.
Preferred: Two-year degree in related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Twelve (12) months working in PC repair, network support, PC programming, and PC software support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Detailed knowledge of current PC technology, including installation, repair, and network support.
- Knowledge of network cabling, basic knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, basic knowledge o Audio-Visual equipment and Active directory.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating systems.
- Skills to troubleshoot and diagnose hardware, software and user issues.
- Skills necessary to maintain Windows Servers including backups and routine maintenance.
- Skills necessary to maintain phone station with phone switch.
- Ability to interface with vendors to solve difficult issues. Ability to c communicate clearly among peers and with the user community.
- Ability to document all procedures and processes and keep current. Ability to follow-up on uncompleted tasks.