Graduate Community Coordinator
Job no: 515718
Work type: Grad Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Other, Student Affairs/Services
Department:07010000 - HO-HOUSING-GENERAL
Graduate Community CoordinatorJob Description:
The Graduate Community Coordinator position within the Department of Housing & Residence Life requires the GCC to live on campus as a resident in a residence hall. This position is provided a fully furnished apartment and utilities are included.
- Enhance and maintain a sense of shared community in your designated area by working alongside a team of Resident Assistants, guiding community development and learning for residents.
- Provide supervision and development of student staff within the assigned area as well as general oversight of a residence hall community.
- Conduct regularly scheduled supervisory meetings (individual and group) with student staff and the Area Coordinator; attend all scheduled staff meetings; participate in staff development activities.
- Initiate and implement ongoing training and staff development activities for student staff that foster areas of growth.
- Recognize and manage conflict effectively among staff, student residents, and colleagues.
- Responsible for following and implementing Housing & Residence Life incident protocols and follow-up procedures.
- Know and implement Housing & Residence Life crisis protocol within assigned area.
- Serve as a conduct hearing officer.
- Assist with maintaining office operations, area security, maintenance, custodial and other services by conducting building and public area facility inspections
- Supports the professional staff member in the proper administration of area and divisional policies and procedures.
- May serve in an on-call capacity as assigned by supervisor; complete all administrative tasks as required including but not limited to documentation associated with opening, closing, room readiness checks, inventories, iService Desk requests.
- Consistently enforce Student Honor Code & Student Conduct Code by reporting observed violations through the appropriate process.
- Create a residential environment that is inclusive to all resident identities, report and confront issues of bias and less-inclusive behavior, and encourage residents to utilize departmental and campus social justice resources and cultural centers.
- Support the University and Department of Housing and Residence Life by serving and participating on task forces and committees.
The Graduate Community Coordinator will receive:
- A stipend in the amount of $10,000 for a 9-month appointment (August 2021 – May 2022)
- $300 declining balance
- Graduate Community Coordinators in select specialty areas are also provided a fully furnished on-campus apartment, utilities included
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS) and must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Enrolled as a full-time graduate student in good standing as defined by the University or specific college at the time of employment which includes a successful conduct/honor code review
- Have a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA the semester prior to employment
- Be available for 20-hours per week
- Individuals committed to facilitating interaction among students, faculty, and staff representative of UF’s diverse community
- Experience within Residence Life or student leadership experience on a collegiate campus
- Seeking a graduate degree in administration in higher education, counseling, or related field preferred
- Ability to solve problems and a desire to help others
- Demonstrated time management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated attention to professionalism, dependability, and timeliness
- Ability to work well within a team and with individuals
Applicants must upload the following:
- A professional cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- Elaborate on your interest in the Graduate Community Coordinator position.
- What skills or experiences do you have that have prepared you to assume this role?
- Note: These questions should be addressed in full utilizing block letter format. Do not include bullet points.
Must complete additional questions related to application before application deadline found here: https://bit.ly/3ohtcBN
Interview Process: After application screening, those selected for interview will be notified via email and all interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
- The Graduate Community Coordinator may serve in the following areas: Residence Life, Conduct & Conflict Resolution, Living Learning Communities, Training & Development, and Student Leadership. Each specialty area will be discussed during the interview process.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm of the posting end date.
- Completion of the application provides permission to access GPA and conduct record for conditions of employment needs.
- First consideration will be provided to applications received by February 22
For additional information please visit: https://www.housing.ufl.edu/about/employment/graduate-staff-positions/Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 10 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time