The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD) brings together more than four decades of innovative and life-saving research on vaccines and infectious diseases. http://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cvd/ As an organized research center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM), CVD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff whose primary mission is to develop, evaluate, and implement vaccines and other interventions to reduce illness and mortality domestically and in less developed countries. We work to prevent and treat enteric and respiratory diseases, to reduce the threat of malaria and antimicrobial resistance, and to identify, understand and combat other tropic and emerging pathogens burdening low resource settings. Training is a critical component of our work to ensure the foundation for the next generation of scientists and researchers committed to our mission.
The CVD is seeking a Program Manager to join our team. The Program Manager will coordinate and support a prospective study that will address key epidemiological and clinical questions about COVID-19 disease.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Manage one or more programs of substantive size and budget.
- Set goals and creates tactics to achieve program objectives.
- Plan and coordinate daily activities of a program including monitoring relationships of outside agencies or subcontractors.
- Manage budget, including approving finances, tracking expenditures, identify variances and resolve, and preparing reports on current finances.
- Coordinate and assist in training programs for employees, volunteers, and/or the community.
- Plan data management and communications strategy for program. Work with senior management in developing program goals and milestones.
- Manage the use of databases used to analyze criteria and deliver data, as well as to monitor, evaluate, and recommend to senior management revision to program operating policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Four (4) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination.
Supervisory Experience: N/A
Certification/Licensure: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Institute for Global Health
Job Posting: Mar 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 16, 2021, 3:59:00 AM