Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications, School of Law
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-09
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- This position is part of a communications team that reports to the Executive Director of Marketing; works very closely with the Director of Marketing, Communications, & Public Relations and Visual Communications Specialist.
- Goal-driven, process-oriented, motivated self-starter.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises freelance photographers, videographers and graphic designers as needed.
- Supervises, trains, and provides work direction and problem-solving assistance for all student workers, student assistants and temporary hires.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to listen, show empathy and understanding, and mediate conflict in a team setting.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator are a plus), Canva, Adobe Spark, and video editing and graphics programs such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro/AfterEffects.
- Knowledge of marketing metrics through Google Analytics, native social media platforms, or social media schedulers such as Loomly.
- Proficiency with standard computer software (ex. Microsoft Office suite, WordPress, Google Apps).
- Proficient with email marketing solutions like MailChimp.
- Proficient with project management platforms like Monday.com.
Preferred master’s degree in communications, public relations or related degree. Previous experience in higher education or private institution.
- Helps ensure that the marketing and communication goals of Wake Forest Law as established by the Dean and the Executive Director of Marketing are met.
- Works with the Executive Director of Marketing to develop marketing strategies and campaigns to successfully market and brand Wake Forest School of Law and its degree programs.
- Works with Visual Communications to design and produce visually creative, brand-compliant assets for all Wake Forest Law Communications, including digital marketing graphics, social media graphics, newsletters, posters, flyers, and marketing collateral materials produced for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of Marketing in writing marketing emails to assist Admissions in developing relationships with prospective students, including managing production of the email cascade for all of our academic programs.
- Assists the Executive Director of Marketing and the Director of Communications & PR in consulting with faculty and staff to identify departmental publication needs and helps meet those needs in a timely and cost-effective manner that is consistent with the department’s communication strategy and top priorities.
- Writes content for the Law School’s social media platforms, website, monthly and quarterly newsletters, email announcements, alumni communications, and annual publication.
- Contributes pitching, researching, and writing stories for the Editorial Calendar maintained by the Director of Communications & PR, including articles, feature stories, profiles, and podcast episodes.
- Supports Director of Communications & PR with special events functions hosted by the Communications department.
- Works with the Executive Director of Marketing and the Director of Communications & PR in creating reports to assess return on investment and meaningful metrics for website, social, and digital marketing.
- Works with administrative departments and academic centers throughout the University to ensure accurate and timely information is conveyed through the law school website. Supervises these web pages through the content management system.
- Responsible for photo and publication archives, photo editing, and non-freelanced photography services.
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.