Director, Campus Communications and Publications
UAHS CommunicationsDepartment Website Link:Location:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS-Tucson, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Director, Campus Communications and Publications in the Office of Communications at the University of Arizona Health Sciences is responsible for planning and executing communication strategies that connect and engage UArizona Health Sciences campus audiences with its mission, strategic initiatives, and educational and research programs.
The position will report to the Executive Director, Campus Communications and Publications and will play a leadership role in creating opportunities that drive culture and inspire employees to become “ambassadors” for Health Sciences.
The Director, Campus Communications and Publications will develop and implement strategic campus communication plans that support the institutional positioning of Health Sciences through a primary focus on storytelling, practical and inspirational messaging, and effective and engaging platforms targeted to internal audiences.
The position will be responsible for the writing, editing and production of digital content, serving as managing editor for content platforms, and for collaborating closely with colleagues producing content for Health Sciences colleges and departments.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads planning and execution of communication strategies and tactics to engage employees on Health Sciences priorities and culture evolution.
Leads small and large-scale internal communication projects, and implements new and creative ways to engage internal audiences based on best practices and institutional needs.
Creates and manages campus communications including weekly employee communications, a digital campus publication/website, announcements and other vehicles.
- Engages with diverse constituents on campus, including subject matter experts and key stakeholders, to proactively source content for publications and provide strategic counsel on communications impacting internal audiences.
Writes, edits and proofreads content, and manages distribution across digital, social and traditional media platforms.
Manages the development of multimedia communications for internal audiences in collaboration with creative services.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Office of Communications team members, as well as Health Sciences and Main Campus communicators to develop curated and brand consistent content in support of the advancement of the Health Sciences mission.
Provides advice and counsel to Health Sciences constituents to ensure delivery of consistent, brand aligned and streamlined communications to internal audiences.
- Assesses effectiveness of campus communications (including performance of internal publications) through research and measurement. Develops action plans for improvements based on insights, best practices and institutional objectives.
Seeks out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to reaching internal audiences and inspiring brand advocacy.
- Ensures standard operational procedures, necessary protocols and approval processes are followed consistently and manages internal resources effectively.
Demonstrates flexibility to shift directions quickly when priorities change; takes initiative and find creative solutions to problems.
Contributes to the overall success of Health Sciences in fulfilling its mission by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience, including 3 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage strategic internal communications plans and experience in developing multimedia content.
- Experience working in a professional communications team, providing direction to staff responsible for engaging internal audiences and interacting with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in managing editorial calendar and writing articles, presentations, communication toolkits, executive messaging, and other documents targeted to internal audiences.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while managing competing priorities.
- An unwavering commitment to ensure Health Sciences is a diverse and inclusive community.
- A record of personal and professional integrity with a leadership style that promotes innovation, collaboration and strategic thinking.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Lisa Black | [email protected] | 520-621-7246Open Date:
2/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.