Marketing Specialist II - Department of Surgery
SurgeryDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
Are you seeking a career where you are the superstar behind our marketing initiatives? Are you someone that performs above the minimum requirements and uses serious creativity as the catalyst towards success? If this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, the Department of Surgery wants to hear from you. We are offering an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Specialist to cultivate and strengthen the Department of Surgery's visibility in the Tucson community and nationwide, through the management of strategic communications. The Marketing Specialist will collaborate regularly with our surgeons, researchers, administrative staff, hospital marketing and communications, external vendors, and other department stakeholders to execute a strategic marketing plan. This includes analyzing the effectiveness of current external/internal communication strategies, proposing new ideas to reach target audiences, and creating aesthetically appealing and compelling content.This position requires a high degree of professionalism. Exercising initiative, resourcefulness. integrity, and good judgment will be essential.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategicmarketing plan for department with guidance of department chair, administrativeleadership, division chiefs, and program managers.
- Plan, manage, and executecross-channel social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) tohighlight department divisions, programs, and news, including creatingchannel-optimized graphics and writing social copy. Monitor social performanceto determine which strategies are most effective and improve on engagement.
- Promote department throughstrategic collateral creation, including annual reports, direct mailers,posters, rack cards, event materials, fliers, and other types of content.
- Help plan and drive promotionof department events.
- Represent department atacademic and community outreach events, including distributing marketingcollateral and promotional products, live Tweeting, and photography.
- Identify and draft monthlyblogs for the department’s Quick Snips content hub, creating a content calendarand consulting and interviewing department faculty, residents and fellows,researchers, and program managers as needed.
- Develop and create monthlydepartment Quick Snips eNewsletter using MailChimp and actively grow newsletteraudience.
- Write marketing andpromotional copy, including copy for webpages, social media, annual reports,academic performance reviews, department announcements, and print collateral.
- Monitor and make regularupdates to the Department of Surgery website.
- Manage UArizona brandthroughout the department and ensure all marketing materials comply with brandstandards.
- Manage department print andpromotional product requests, working with external university-approved vendorsas needed.
- Work with larger HealthSciences communications team to further expand reach of content and promotecollaboration between related departments or programs.
- Work with hospital marketing,communications, and business development teams to address clinical collateraland marketing needs.
- Participate in meetings andconferences pertinent to area of responsibility.
- Investigate, evaluate, andresolve social media and marketing problems or situations impactingstaff/faculty work unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, Journalism or related field or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
•Experience managing cross-channel social media campaigns.•Photography or video experience.•Experience in marketing and communications writing.•Knowledge of UAccess, Box, MailChimp, EventBrite, Bit.ly, Trellis, Google Analytics, Drupal, and related programs.•Experience working in an academic and/or healthcare environment.•Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.•Experience with graphic design and understanding of design concepts.•Proficiency in Adobe CC software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).•Strong written and verbal communication skills.•Ability to multitask and think strategically, often with quick turnaround times.•Ability to work effectively with and between many different types of roles, including surgeons, residents and fellows, administrative staff, researchers, hospital and Health Sciences communicators, and internal and external vendors.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jessica Holmgren | [email protected]Open Date:
2/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please include a Marketing Portfolio with your application.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.