Investment Operations Analyst
Investment Operations Analyst
Job No: 496653
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
Reporting to the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations, this full-time position is responsible for executing cash management and investment accounting and reporting activities. The Investment Operations Analyst will further assist the Investment and Finance Office with special investment and accounting projects for the university's investment assets. This position works as an integral member of a team with the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA), the Director of Investments, the Associate Vice President (AVP), Treasurer & Controller, Associate Controllers, Strategic Portfolio Advisor (SPA), and Finance Office staff in the overall financial management of Bucknell University. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
1. Investment Operations and Administration:
Maintain a record of and assist in the execution of endowment cash flow and transaction activity; to include data entry into University financial system and Excel workbooks, analysis and monitoring of treasury activity including external and internal cash accounts, private investment cash flows to and from investment managers, and preparation of required documentation. Requires close collaboration with the Finance Office, Accounts Payable, and external brokerage/custodian firms.
Collaborate with a third-party administrator and the Finance Office in maintaining Investment Book of Record (IBOR) for assets of the pooled Endowment, including data integrity checks and internal monthly/quarterly cash flow activity and valuation reconciliation.
Assist the strategic portfolio advisor (SPA) and third-party administrator in preparation of Endowment performance and attribution reports to meet requirements to the Investments Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Maintain investment document archives to ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Service/Audit regulations and internal requirements for investment activity; to include existing manager and investment advisor reports, cash and trade transaction support, investment legal documents, existing investment profiles, and documentation of new and existing manager due diligence.
Assist the Finance Office in maintaining a record of investment activity within the general ledger system; to include journal entries and maintenance of IBOR Excel templates.
Respond to existing manager requests as is related to operations of the investment.
Maintain the Investment Operations Manual to document the process and procedure in carrying out the assignments above.
2. Serve as primary liaison with the operations and accounting professionals at the University's SPA, third-party administrator, and other external vendors.
3. Support, with assistance from the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations, Finance Office, and close relationship with University auditors, the investment office audit process and procedures in completing requirements for the University's annual audit.
4. Assist Finance and Investment Office personnel to prepare supporting schedules and reconciliations for industry surveys, Moody's quarterly liquidity reviews, annual and semi-annual endowment reports, NACUBO survey, and other reporting requirements of the University.
5. Assist with preparing reports and meeting documents for the Investment Committee of the Board of Trustees as required.
6. Assist the Investment and Finance Office in other operations/investments/special projects assigned by the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations.
7. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
At least 3 years of experience and familiarity with accounting and investment measurement principles
Demonstrated knowledge and comfort in the use of various cloud-based and operating technologies, most notably Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Google Workspace/Gmail.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with University constituents in both written and oral forms
Appreciation for and understanding of a Finance and Investment Office's role in a University setting, including a focus on service and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
Appreciation for socially responsible investment principles and integration of environmental, social, and governance factors into an investment process
Willingness/interest to pursue the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) and/or a related advanced degree.
Familiarity with Workday and Fundhub
Familiarity with video/web conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams preferable and e-signature platform, DocuSign and/or Adobe
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496653/investment-operations-analyst
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency