Digital Development Officer
Digital Development Officer
Job No: 496654
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends - by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our division is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
Lead with Integrity
Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
Be Open and Receptive
Nurture Creativity and Innovation
Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we, as a division, bring the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Digital Development Officer (DDO) is responsible for lead identification of annual fund and leadership gift prospects and for the referral of these prospects to the appropriate development team. Using creativity and an entrepreneurial approach, the DDO will develop effective multi-channel communication and engage a broad base of prospects, identifying opportunities to strengthen relationships between constituents and the University and to generate long term support. The work of the DDO is critically important to developing Bucknell's pipeline for annual and leadership giving and is part of an innovative new approach to build engagement among current and potential donors through high volume personalized interactions. The position is highly collaborative with colleagues across the University and aims to meet both short and long term goals for UA.
The DDO reports to the Assistant Director for Annual Fund Individual Giving.
* Manage a portfolio of up to 1,000 current or prospective donors for the purposes of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship through personalized outreach.
Implement a multi-channel prospecting approach across phone, email, video, social media, and direct mail to conduct 20-30 targeted outreach touches daily to engage donors and potential donors.
* Independently and creatively develop content to share with donors based on existing resources, visits to campus, participation in campus activities, and other easy-to-access resources that can help better connect donors to the areas they support in meaningful ways.
* Conduct significant virtual or phone qualification meetings annually with current and prospective donors to assess capacity and opportunities for further engagement.
* Apply data analytics to develop and execute strategies to make initial contact with current and prospective donors.
* Generate and refer annual, leadership, and planned gift leads, partnering with supervisor, the Office of Prospect Research and Management, and development leadership.
* Meet with development, career, and alumni engagement colleagues, as well as university partners as appropriate, to refer potential gift leads and collaboratively outline strategic next steps.
* Share updates to biographical data and communications preferences learned through outreach to strengthen the quality of data in our database.
* Utilize a variety of University resources to provide regular progress reports on prospect identification and qualification. Complete and file reports of all contacts and proposals in a timely manner.
* Take an entrepreneurial approach to identify new prospective donors, pockets of alumni engagement and methods of outreach; consistently test and evaluate outreach efforts to maximize results.
* Attain an in-depth understanding of Bucknell's mission, programs, strategic plan, and efforts to increase engagement and fundraising university-wide.
* Develops proficiency with database tools.
* Enters all pertinent information including descriptive contact reports, future steps, and plans within a designated time frame.
* Maintains up-to-date information in the database on significant prospect contacts regarding solicitations and evaluations including capacity, prospect interests, and demographic changes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or 4 years of successful experience in fundraising, sales, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a diverse constituent base
* Willingness and comfort in connecting, engaging, and directly soliciting prospects
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Basic understanding of nonprofit organizations beyond simple participation in fundraising activities or events
* Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines and goals
* Proficiency with use of technology including email/calendar, databases/reports, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, virtual meeting tools, etc.
* Valid U.S. driver's license
The DDO demonstrates organizational and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of University Advancement. This position may include limited travel.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA's events including blocks of time for major events such as Family, Reunion, and Homecoming Weekends, and other event support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory approval. Also required is a commitment to attend, participate, facilitate or lead on-campus and off-campus events/activities outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
Exempt employees are required to work as much time as is necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position without additional compensation, even if the work is performed beyond standard work hours.
* Familiarity with prospect/customer relationship management systems
* Bachelor's degree
* Direct experience conducting personal solicitations in a higher education environment
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496654/digital-development-officer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency