Agile Business Requirements Analyst Intern
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research, and health care delivery.
It is an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! We are consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the leading medical schools in the naton for primary care education. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
Information Technology at The University of Massachusetts Medical School has a unique opportunity for an Agile Business Requirements Analyst Intern to join an exciting team that works with IT Engineering and Commonwealth Medicine business partners.
UMass Medical School is looking to enhance its product delivery. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to use innovative thinking to help our business partners achieve product excellence. You will partner with experienced agile software delivery teams supporting multiple business partners.
Together, we will explore and select innovative tools and techniques to deliver new customized software and added capabilities to existing products for our Commonwealth Medicine business partners. You will be part of a team that delivers new capabilities for organizations that support Health Services and Consulting to provide health care solutions to underserved populations, including COVID 19.
Creative contributors apply! You will collaborate with a team with a social conscience that is passionate about helping their business partners help the community.Responsibilities
- Utilize innovative ideas and approaches to assist in the development of working models to serve the needs of our faculty, students and researchers
- Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
- Participate in team projects
- Conduct online research
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
- Must have above average academic performance
- Go Getter who can work with ambiguity and create innovative solutions
- Interactive listener and writer who can translate customer requirements into agile stories
- Familiar with or can quickly learn modern technology tools such as Azure Dev Ops
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- A passion for achieving results on time through the application of technology
- A team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant oversight
- Ability to build positive and productive professional relationships
- Possesses positive attitude and creativity
- Engaging. Empowered
This is paid, 100% offsite internship position
Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension up to 12 months
Major: We will consider all majors