Research-Extension Program Associate
Posting Date: February 9, 2021 Posting End Date: April 9, 2021
Position: Research-Extension Program Associate Location: CAENS- Cooperative Extension
Status: Full Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Program Associate will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the project
- Participate in the implementation of research activities and development of educational resources on profitability and viability of small and limited resource farmers
- Participate in recruiting and training of farmers on profitability and viability issues
- Coordinate various training workshops and seminars
- Compile project reports and develop the journal and other articles, including technical reports, on profitability and viability accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in project evaluation activities
- Participate in scheduled and unscheduled observation visits and respond positively to suggestions for improvement
- Carry out other relevant activities as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, Economics, Agricultural Extension, Community Development, Sociology, or related discipline
- Experience in developing publications, including journal articles, and technical reports (or willing to learn same)
- Skills in using various computer programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and desktop publication programs
- Working knowledge of computer software programs used to analyze data, such as SPSS or SAS
- Skills in data analysis, including using statistics, and writing various reports
- Experience in working with adults populations, or willing to work with adults populations
- Must be willing to travel to various Alabama Black Belt Counties
- Must be willing to work with small farmers and with community-based organizations
- Excellent employer-employee interpersonal relationship skills
- Creativity in the development of new ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
Commensurate with education, training, and experience: Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information), and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.