Nursing Faculty (41321)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeJob Category EducationDescription Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for a full-time faculty position to join the Department of Nursing faculty team beginning Fall, 2021. The nursing program at Mount St. Joseph has over 90 years of providing high-quality nursing education to the local and regional communities of southwestern Ohio.The Department of Nursing at Mount St. Joseph University offers programs at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. The University is seeking individuals who have experience in teaching traditional and adult nursing students and can teach across programs. Courses at the University are offered both in the face-to-face and blended/online learning formats using Blackboard.The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Supports the Mission of the University and the Mission, Philosophy and Strategic Plan of the Department of Nursing;
- Participates in regular, special, and standing committees and other activities of the Department of Nursing and School of Health Sciences;
- Contributes to the development, evaluation, and revision of the nursing curricula utilizing the Organizing Framework for Effective Learning, the Overall and Specific Program Outcomes, a curriculum plan, and each faculty's experience and specialization in nursing;
- Contributes to the development and revision of departmental and student policies in relation to administration, admission, retention, evaluation, progression, and graduation.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of the Department’s Strategic Plan and the budget and in planning and decision making regarding major expenditures;
- Acts in accord with the Department’s professional and ethical standards as developed and enunciated by the Faculty;
- Accepts leadership responsibilities within the Department;
- Represents the Department of Nursing on committees, other activities, and in the community;
- Participates in the recruitment of qualified faculty and students;
- Supervises the activities of teaching assistants, if utilized.
- ACADEMIC ADVISING:
- Interprets University, Department and Program policies for students;
- Facilitates clarification and/or validation of course requirements, Program, University, and agency policies when communicating with students;
- Posts regularly scheduled times for student conferences and advising sessions;
- Maintains professional boundaries and sets limits with students;
- Makes appropriate referrals and assists students to seek professional counseling and remedial opportunities when necessary.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references.
Interested candidates that apply should also submit unofficial transcripts to Dr. Nancy Hinzman, Assistant Dean of Nursing [email protected].
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer