Job ID: 223891
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0340501 - Bursar's Office
Assist with overall Accounting and Financial Reporting University operations. Safeguard University assets and manage internal controls to mitigate risks. Manage internal controls ensuring that official financial records of University are current and accurate. Develop and maintain reporting tools and guidelines to provide superior financial information to support University's mission, strategic management initiatives and vision. Prepare integrated financial and statistical reports, statements, projections, and recommendations that may have long-term impact on funding for University.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Perform daily maintenance to University's financial system
- Prepare, review and conduct analysis of University's annual financial statements
- Work with the Georgia Department of Audits during annual financial audit to provide analysis and documentation for the University's Annual Financial Report
- Support the University's accounting functions
- Monitor and abide by division's internal control procedures
- Prepare and post financial transactions to the General Ledger for the University
- Assist with preparation of the University's annual financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Assist in the preparation of internal, external and other audits
- Communicate policies and procedures and exchange non-routine information to customers using tact and persuasion as appropriate and readily respond to requests for information.
- Prepare, review, and conduct analysis of applicable Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Georgia Budgetary Law, and University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
$36,500 - $37,811
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Familiarity with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proven competencies with accounting and other systems, financial and budget applications and reporting conventions
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Effective communication (verbal and written), demonstrated organizational, detail orientation and human relation skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
February 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- May be required to travel occasionally
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223891&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency