IT Support Associate
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-08
The School of Medicine at UVA is seeking a Technical Support Associate to join the Medical Education Technology department (https://med.virginia.edu/med-ed-tech/). The IT Associate will support Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) students, faculty, and staff in the use of instructional technology, learning management, and medical education information systems. Given that the student computing model is “bring-your-own-device” (BYOD), experience supporting users in multiple operating systems (OSX and Windows) is highly preferred.
- Analyze problems on computer applications and systems for students, faculty, and staff; provide technical assistance to departmental user support staff.
- Provide individual and/or group instruction and training to students, faculty, and/or staff on computer technologies.
- Follow proper procedures related to secure computing, account maintenance, and purchasing.
- Maintain accurate documentation to support these efforts.
- Analyze current and proposed departmental/user hardware and software systems; develop and maintain systems for the various constituencies within the unit.
- Review proposals that consist of objectives, scope, and user expectations; gather facts, analyze data, and prepare proposal synopses comparing alternatives in terms of cost, time, and availability of resources.
- Provide technical support for research and development initiatives and for the implementation of new technologies for adoption.
- Write structured programs, as appropriate, using technologically current programming languages to support systems.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Must have just one of the three options below):
1. High school diploma and four years of relevant experience.
2. Associate’s degree and 2 years of experience.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
*Ability to work on-site in Charlottesville, VA is also required*
Please apply through Workday, and search for “ R0019883 ”. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. This role is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: $21 - $25 per hour depending upon education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment; a health screen will also be required. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA). Questions on the position or application process should be directed to Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.