Tech Support/Field Technicians
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-16
UVA’s School of Medicine is seeking two Tech Support/Field Technicians to assist users and departments in providing support for desktop, mobile computing, and client/server technology. These positions provide Tier 2 support for a wide range of technical issues. Serving over 5,000 clinical, education, administrative, and research customers; the incumbents will support our mission in “Providing excellence, innovation and superlative quality in the care of patients, the training of health professionals, and the creation and sharing of health knowledge within a culture that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.”
Successful applicants will have strong customer service and technical documentation skills; ideally also having previously worked in an academic or medical center environment. We are looking for individuals who take initiative/work independently, are excited about managing small to medium scale projects, and those with existing knowledge of networking terminology standards and protocols.
- Analyze current and proposed departmental/user hardware and software systems; develop and maintain systems for the various constituencies within the unit.
- Imaging and rebuilding devices utilizing SCCM and KACE.
- Configuration, delivery, and setup of equipment including but not limited to desktops, monitors, laptops, docking stations, networking printers, web cams, large wall displays, etc.
- Troubleshooting of hardware, network, operating systems, applications, access, and remote connectivity complications.
- Swiftly address technical support issues of faculty, and staff for a variety of computer applications and systems.
- Provide support for requests and incidents related to file share, server and applications access (including but not limited to: Office 365, MS Office, Epic, Duo, Cisco AnyConnect, BigIP Edge VPN), Mobile Iron, VoIP, Mobile Devices, Malware, Security.
- Coordinate work with a variety of IT teams across grounds to manage tasks and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Ticket and workflow management in multiple systems including ITSM, Remedy, and Service Now.
- Consultation/training with customers on usability, IT technology, hardware purchases.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation for reporting.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Must have just one of the three options below):
1. High school diploma and four years of relevant experience.
2. Associate’s degree and 2 years of experience.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Must be proficient in both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledgeable in a wide variety of hardware.
- Working knowledge of networking standards and protocols.
- Must be available to work on-site in Charlottesville, VA.
Compensation: $23.32 per hour ($48,505.60 annually) with unfortunately no opportunity for negotiation.
Please apply through Workday<http://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs>, and search for “R0021078”. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. Applications received by 2/14/21 will receive priority review.
This role is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA) and health screening. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.