Budget Manager/Finance Systems Analyst
Date: February 8, 2021
Title: Budget Manager/Finance Systems Analyst
The Budget Manager/Finance Systems Analyst serves as the support and lead for finance-function related software programs, including training and operations, core to the mission of the Finance Office and the launching of FlightPath, the College’s new student success initiative. This position supports student accounts, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting and purchasing.
The Budget Manager/Finance Systems Analyst serves as the lead in compiling and revising the Colleges annual operating budget.
Finance Systems Analyst (65%)
- Day to day oversight of Finance computer applications.
- Responsible for setting up security for users of Finance software
- Provide training, assistance, and consultation for Finance staff and the campus community on software, data-based, or organizational solutions for financial operations
- Continuously explore new options and functionalities, upgrades, acquisitions and decommissioning, designing new processes and performing testing
- Maintain documentation of system processes and practices
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus on all optimizing financial software including Self-Service financial applications i.e. on-line requisitions and budget reports
- Collaborate across college units to develop and implement solutions for integrated processes, including service on relevant committees
- Act as a liaison to various campus offices on data collection and report generation
- Act as a liaison to IT and the Technology Resource Center regarding the acquisition of software and hardware for Finance staff
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested, including back-up of fellow staff in the Finance Division, as needed.
Budget Manager (35%)
- Under the guidance of the VP for Finance, work with all budget stakeholders to prepare and update as necessary the College’s annual operating budget
- Prepare monthly budget to actual reports by department
As a representative of the College, must comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
Qualifications: The minimum requirement for this position are a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three years of experience in a similar field or position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with higher education software, preferably Datatel/Ellucian
- Experience with integrating external software
- Strong communications skills and evidence of good rapport with students, faculty, and staff across divisions on campus
- Experience in report writing, software implementation, and/or project management preferred
- Above average ability on a PC and in Microsoft software/applications
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to work on-campus or remotely, with access to telephone and reliable high-speed internet for the latter contingency
To apply for the Budget Manager/Finance Systems Analyst position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.