Vice President for Mission Integration
Vice President for Mission Integration
Vice President for Mission Integration; Mission and Ministry
Posting # 2993
The division of Mission and Ministry communicates the mission and core values of the university to all members of the USD community.
As a Catholic university, the University of San Diego draws from the wisdom of its Catholic tradition and provides means for its members to grow in their understanding and expression of the Catholic faith. It also welcomes persons of other faith traditions and those who hold no tradition. Being a Catholic university, it welcomes diversity and ecumenism and is pluralistic and inclusive.
By communicating its heritage, mission and core values and providing a comprehensive ministry program, Mission and Ministry seeks to create a community in which intellectual and spiritual growth complement one another. Reason, a human gift, is regarded as compatible with faith—both seeking the truth.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity's urgent challenges.
The Vice President is responsible for promoting the active engagement of the university community in understanding, appreciating, sustaining and advancing the mission of the University of San Diego. A member of the President's Strategic Leadership and the President's Administrative Team, the Vice President is charged with creating and maintaining initiatives, events and programs that enable and encourage all members of the USD community to more fully embrace the history, mission, core values and purpose of the institution. As the Chief Mission Officer, the Vice President plays a central role in communicating USD's distinctive identity as an engaged, contemporary Catholic university to a wide range of internal and external constituents. This position reports to the President of the University. The Vice President provides general guidance and direction to the Directors of Mission, and the Director of University Ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
1. Practicing Roman Catholic with 10 years of Catholic higher education experience.
2. A deep understanding of and appreciation for Catholic faith and practice as well as the mission of Catholic Higher Education, with the ability to communicate that understanding and appreciation to diverse stakeholder groups, including those from other faith traditions and those who do not identify with a faith tradition.
3. Demonstrated ability to form collegial, cooperative, collaborative relationships across the College, Professional Schools and divisions of the university as well as among the university constituents including faculty, administrators, staff, students, alumni, parents, donors, board members and others.
4. Masters of Divinity Degree or a Master of Arts Degree in a closely related field.
5. Five years of supervisory experience; demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and motivate professional employees.
6. Strategic leadership, group facilitation, networking, and conflict management skills.
7. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
8. Budget and project management.
9. Experience with fundraising and donor management.
10. Sufficient initiative and confidence to work individually and to ascertain shifting priorities.
11. Excellent organizational skills.
12. Ability to exercise sound judgement in dealing with complex situations.
13. Ministerial and pastoral qualities in relating to the spiritual needs of the campus community.
14. Capacity for handling confidential information with tact and discretion.
Education and Experience:
1. A Ph.D. or other terminal degree.
2. 15 years of experience working in Catholic higher education settings.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Posting Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer.
Special Application Instructions: Resume and Cover Letter Required
Visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/867/cw/en/filter/?search-keyword=2993 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit http://www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Special Application Instructions
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/867/cw/en/filter/?search-keyword=2993
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency