Posting Number: S01515
Middlebury College's Information Technology Services (ITS) group is responsible for providing storage, system, network, endpoint, administrative, academic, and research computing services to the community. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, the Enterprise Architect will work closely with fellow architects, managers, technical leads, system administrators, developers and strategic partners as we build a world-class, service-oriented team supporting the technology needs of one of the world's great colleges.
The Enterprise Architect will assist in establishing the strategic direction for Middlebury College ITS, and participate in developing technology roadmaps, provide hands-on implementation input and assistance to complex projects within research, digital learning, administrative systems, and infrastructure while following the industry best-practices; develop and align strategic objectives with technical requirements; and research relevant technical trends, platforms and software. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to Oracle Cloud Services, Blackbaud, Banner, business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing, VMware virtualization, data center networking, cloud computing, endpoint computing, load balancing, application servers, system management, build and deployment tools, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Red Hat Linux, and High-Performance Computing (HPC).
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Promotes the vision and values of Enterprise Architecture and the Chief Information Officer;
• Participates in creation and maintenance of architectural principles, standards and best practices;
• Continually learns and improves the practice of Architecture at Middlebury and the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC);
• Creates current state artifacts and identifies opportunities to improve proposed and existing services; actively assists in the definition of a comprehensive future state vision; creates, maintains and communicates roadmaps, timelines and plans that map to the desired state; and
• Participate as an Enterprise and Solution Architect for Middlebury College and in the context of GMHEC and the constituent Schools and Organizations.
Architecture Review Board and Governance Framework
• Participate in the formation, operation and maintenance of an Architecture Review Board (ARB) for the review and oversight of technology projects and programs at Middlebury College;
• Participates and represents Enterprise Architecture in other governance bodies at Middlebury College;
Consultative Services/Solution Architecture
• Provides consultative services with respect to new and existing services in the areas of business, data, application and technical/infrastructure architecture;
• Assists projects and programs as a Solution Architect; provides solutions consistent with established architectural standards and principles; evaluates user requirements and implements systems and solutions that best serve the community;
• Establishes, manages and cultivates relationships with key personnel in business, academic and information system units to understand business activities, drivers, and requirements and to provide solution strategies and alternatives.
Service levels and efficiency; diagnose and resolve complex problems
• Understands operational issues with services with respect to reliability and resilience; formulates priorities and plans for improving service stability and availability;
• Produces documentation for existing/proposed services; utilizes standardized tools to maintains documentation and an Architecture repository.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field and ten years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Leadership abilities to articulate ITS and Enterprise Architecture Strategy and to lead and influence highly qualified technology and functional teams;
• Ability to succinctly deliver the message to the community on ITS strategy and vision; and
• Keep up the pace with technological changes relevant to higher education
• Maintain relationships with ITS Leadership, Digital Learning and Inquiry (DLINQ), Library, Center for Teaching, Learning and Research (CTLR) Marketing and Communications, and IT Tech Partner Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC), the Consortium CIOs, and Consortium’s IT Staff;
• Maintain relationships with department personnel and leaders throughout the Intuition(s), especially those departments that make significant use of information technology;
• Maintain relationships with faculty, staff and students at Middlebury College;
• Maintain relationships with the leadership and staff of ITS;
• Maintain relationships with counterparts at peer institutions.
ITS is committed to the following:
• Proactive, responsive, respectful service to our constituents;
• Opportunities and expectations for ongoing employee education and development;
• Collaboration within the organization, across Middlebury;
• Effective and open communication;
• Understanding the work and needs of our customers.
• Broad technical knowledge of web application programming, database administration, identity management, automation, , networking, virtualization, load balancing, and Linux and Windows server management, administrative systems, and research computing;
• Demonstrated experience with technology infrastructure design, provisioning, deployment and capacity management for complex applications running on multiple platforms and technologies;
• Experience with capacity planning, high availability architecture, disaster recovery planning and implementation;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
• Skilled consensus builder with capacity to initiate and foster collaborative partnerships.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/22865
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency