Athletics Video Producer
Athletics Video Producer
Job ID: 223908
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0310201 - Extramural Physical Activities
The video specialist will create content from the media relations office, marketing office, athletic ticketing, Athletic Foundation and each of the 17 sports. The position will also be the producer of the GUSPYs, the year-end awards show, and will assist in the execution of the social media strategic plan for the department.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Record, edit and distribute weekly press conferences, along with postgame press conferences, to local, regional and nation media.
- Create video and content for GSEagles.com and the Blue and White Weekly
- Produce and direct the GUSPYs
- Distribute content to local, regional and national media
- Work with graphic designer and photographer to create motion graphics for the seventeen sports
- Lead the social media strategic planning for the External Relations Office
- Follow all Federal, Divisional, and University athletics regulations, to include rules and regulations established by Sun Belt Conference (SBC), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Serve as leader of video production unit, tasked with telling the story of Georgia Southern and pushing the brand.
- Create long and short videos for GSEagles.com and social media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree
- One or more years related experience
$36,500 - $36,641
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Effective communication (verbal and written), strong organizational, troubleshooting, detail orientation, problem solving and human relations (exceptional customer service) skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Proven commitment to athletic and academic excellence
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to compliance with NCAA, Conference and institutional athletic rules and regulations
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
February 15, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments
- Extensive travel required
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to work on holidays, occasionally
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223908&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency