Act 101 Facilitator (Grant FT)
Act 101 Facilitator (Grant FT)
Position Title: Act 101 Facilitator (Grant FT)
Department: Dean of Student Development
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 2, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a 10 month grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 10 - $35,765
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G642
Job Open Date: 10/19/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provide necessary supports for students sponsored by the ACT 101 grant.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of one year experience in human services serving diverse populations or economically or educationally disadvantaged populations. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability and willingness to work collaboratively. Attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student centered education. Community College experience preferred.
1. Plans, organizes, supervises and modifies the goals of the ACT 101 grant.
2. Prepares and administers the program budget.
3. Implements the objectives of the grant.
4. Monitors student progress by utilizing available technology and tracking systems.
5. Prepares weekly reports relevant participant data to the Dean of Students.
6. Provides appropriate assistance and intervention to students.
7. Organizes and facilitates (2) Advisory Board meetings during the academic year.
8. Analyzes impediments to retention for Act 101 students including academic, financial and personal issues.
9. Develops programs and events that facilitate student success, student engagement and student completion.
10. Consults with faculty and administration to develop appropriate curricular offerings and components of instruction.
11. Consults with the Admissions Office in recruiting and selecting eligible students.
12. Works with Financial Aid Office to monitor student aid.
13. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=740