Student Financial Accounts Systems Specialists
What We’re Looking For
The Student Financial Accounts Systems Specialists in the Student Financial Accounts Office manages the student and billing records systems, programming support, and serves as a liaison with ITS. This position reports to the Associate Director of Cashier Systems and works directly with other Student Financial Accounts Systems Specialists, Student Services Representatives, Financial Aid Specialists, and other partners across campus. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience are required. Five years of experience is preferred.
- Ability to set priorities in order to perform and manage workload involving a large number of interruptions and sensitive matters
- Analytical Thinker
- All employees are expected to fully support Baylor’s mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community. All employees of Baylor University are expected to fully support and contribute to the university’s mission.
What You Will Do
- Manage online payment processing platform, including payment plan set up, detail code usage, payment reminder, and delinquent notifications, 1098-T statement uploads, and communications.
- Manage autocomplete and fee assessment jobs, monitor and update financial settlement for all populations, and process and monitor billing jobs
- Extracting data from the student system and work closely with the Student Financial Accounts Communication Coordinator and Team Leaders for reporting needs.
- Investigate solutions to administrative system-related problems and troubleshoot current software problems and assist with the application of payments and error reports.
- Support payment technologies and processes in Student Financial Accounts. Process electronic payments and refunds through TouchNet and banking systems and assist with the Daily Report.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Associate Director of Cashier’s Systems or Director of Student Financial Accounts.
To apply or view the full position description, please click the job posting link.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment www.baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Learn more about great opportunities to connect and be a part of our local community in Baylor’s Waco Culture Guide!
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.