Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Large Animal Ambulatory
Posting Date: February 5, 2021 Posting End Date: April 5, 2021
Position: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Large Animal Ambulatory
Department: Large Animal Clinical Sciences-College of Veterinary Medicine
Status: Full-time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the idea Assistant/Associate/Professor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Must have a required commitment to the University’s tri-partite mission of teaching, research, and service.
- Required to participate in classroom, clinical and laboratory instruction of veterinary students, graduate students, interns, and graduate veterinarians.
- Must demonstrate creative scholarship and collaborative research activities in large animal medicine and develop innovative teaching and service programs.
- Participation in providing client services to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) in large animal medicine is required.
- Clinical services primarily include coordination as director of the Alabama Southern Regional Herd Management Program (aka West Alabama Herd Health Project); participation in ambulatory services; and participation in after-hour emergency duty.
- Must develop strong professional relationships with referring veterinarians, livestock producers, and participate in state and national outreach and continuing education.
- Participation on college and university committees is expected.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work collaboratively with others (faculty, staff, students) in a collegial diverse team environment.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- DVM or equivalent degree.
- Specialty Board certification by an AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization will be given preference, however, candidates who are qualified to take the certification exam will be considered.
- Clinical experience and documented competence in Large Animal Medicine are required.
- Experience in herd health and small ruminants is expected
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application and submit a resume/CV, (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Incomplete application and/or application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.