Faculty Assistance Coordinator (staff wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-05
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the world's leading business schools, seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Faculty Assistance Coordinator to join its team. This position works with the Faculty Advancement team, Darden Finance, Provost Office and Darden’s Human Resources (HR) Business Partner to coordinate the HR tasks related to faculty. This includes managing and administering various stipends and payments to faculty; partnering with University Human Resources (UHR) for adjunct hiring and reappointment; student hiring; and visa management for faculty. This position will be the designated delegate for the Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Research and enters all appropriate documentation in Workday.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Update annual stipend information for faculty – senior associate dean, academic director, degree program head, Dean’s Fund awards, etc.
- Enter annual summer support payments - Calculate amount based on salary and research center assignments. Enter payments accurately each summer.
- Manage offer letter guarantees (summer support, research stipend, signing bonus, etc.) – Maintain multi-year schedule of payments with varying terms for different payments and ensures that all payments are entered starting in the second year
- Manage adjunct, deans fellows and other part time instructors hiring and payments Coordinate with UHR to hire and onboard or organize reappointment of approximately 30 adjuncts per year. This includes tracking the teaching term, setting up assignments for new adjuncts, on-boarding new adjuncts, and executing/tracking special terms of agreement.
- Student hiring – Partner with Senior Director Strategic Talent Initiatives to hire part time Research Assistants for faculty.
- Overload payments – Coordinate requests, including communication with the Provost’s office, and payments for faculty overloads and bonuses. Coordinate payments with the Director of Faculty Initiatives to understand what payments are in-loaded vs. overload and to ensure compliance with all University policies on overloads.
- Visas – Serve as a liaison with faculty and University immigration services to assure that faculty (new hires, existing faculty, visiting scholars and post docs) complete and update the necessary filings related to visas and immigration status.
- Records management – Assure that information related to faculty is current and complete in Workday. Enter information in Workday related to retirements, resignations, and other changes in status.
Professional experience and education:
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree may substitute for years of experience.
- At least 3 years of administrative/general office support experience required.
- Higher Education experience, working with faculty and academic programs preferred.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and also on a team.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and teamwork skills.
- Administration of programs (degree program experience preferred).
- Knowledge of UVA offices and administrative processes strongly preferred.
- Microsoft suite office programs (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook with strong knowledge of Excel preferred).
- Working knowledge of learning management systems (Canvas preferred).
- Familiarity of tools for virtual meetings and teaching (Zoom preferred).
This is a wage position and is not eligible for benefits. Anticipated hourly rate: $20.00.
The position will begin remote and transition to in-person once Darden staff are back on Grounds.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume and cover letter. Search on requisition number: R0021740.
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Jen Krahn, HR Specialist, at email@example.com.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA)
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.