Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full time position of Accounting Specialist. The Accounting Specialist works on a team of five members and is responsible for the assisting with the College Credit Plus Sponsorship process, managing student communications and payment reminders, Cashiering, Assist with Deferred Payment Plan, assists with the Attorney General weekly deposits, backup for the Accounts Payable process and Third Party Billing and all other duties as assigned.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when submitting their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties:Functional Responsibilities:
College Credit Plus Sponsorship (CCP)
- Assist with the CCP module in Colleague for all semesters.
- Billing all CCP students who do not have funding.
- Responsible for sending communications to all students.
- Open a cashiering session each morning as needed.
- Process daily receipts and scholarship checks.
- Assist with Deferred Payment Plan each semester.
- Assist with other students who owe spreadsheet each semester.
Backup for the Accounts Payable process.
Backup for Third Party Billing Process.
All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Attention to detail, experience in bookkeeping or accounts payable, proficient with Excel and Word, other computer skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
Two to five years of experience required.
Required Educational Background:
Associates Degree required.
Supplemental Information:Supervises following staff:
Monday - Thursday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.