System Administrator II, PeopleSoft
Job Title: System Administrator II, PeopleSoft
Location: LSC-System Office UP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34427
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The System Administrator II, PeopleSoft focuses on a variety of technical work and analysis as required for the development of user and systems security requirements. Performs highly complex tasks involving planning, designing, programming, installation and maintenance of college systems. This position is a member of a 24/7/365 global department with travel within the LSC service area and the availability of on-call scheduling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implements business analysis and change management as neededResearches, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades systemsMaintains a broad knowledge of technology, equipment and/or systems within field of workDevelops and maintains internal cross-functional relationships with users and key security groups to enhance physical and digital security across the college systemIdentifies complex problems, troubleshoots and provides solutions to assist usersInteracts with vendors to resolve problems and stays abreast of new updatesAssists users in formulating requirements and advises on alternatives and implications.Analyzes, designs and implements plan for new systems or processesProvides recommendations and implementation on optimizing standard processes.Works as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systemsMay assist with coordination of projectsResponsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires knowledge of learned routines, procedures, practices and skills that are more complex
- Demonstrated analysis skills, knowledge of business process review functions, and knowledge of process design, and project management
- Ability to work in cooperation with developers, analysts, managers, and consultants
- Ability to deal with somewhat complex problems that must be broken down into manageable pieces
- Understands relationships between problem components and prioritizes them
- Utilizes knowledge, experience, and available resources to find solutions
- Participate in formal or informal group problem solving for immediate issues and to collaborate with team and shares relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions
- Ability to convey technical or complex information to others in non- technical terms
- Ability to recognize immediate obstacles to completing work and initiate action to address a need without being directed
- Knows and follows standard operating procedures and define departmental metrics
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Associate’s degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft maintenance with upgrade applications/patches/updates
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) and Change Assistant, PUM and Integration Broker
- Bachelor’s degree
- Intermediate certification in area of responsiblity
- Good understanding of Oracle database and high availability architecture
Hiring salary range is $64,826 to $74,549
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.